Friday, January 30, 2009

Go girls go!




Cool!!! This is the best tiller ever. I wanted to do something about the grubs and slugs in the flower bed before planting this year and so why not use the best grubbers ever. I had an extra piece of fencing so I pulled it around front and blocked off a small area where the flower bed is and invited the girls in for a treat. It took a few minutes for some to figure out how to get around to the other side of the gate and I even had to carry a few but once they were over there boy did they get to work. Some of them work really hard and stick with it looking for every bug while others will walk from one to the other waiting till they dig something up then snatching it. Ha, I've met people like that. Well it didn't take long before the soil was looking rich and black from the scratching and I saw lots of bug eating. One of them snuggled down beside the brick for a quick bath. Whew!! That was a lot of work I think I need a break now. Now I need to get some seeds started.

2 comments:

Beth said...

HI SANDY!!! I didn't know you had a blog! Vince mentioned it on facebook. Now I can visit with you here too. You can find me at www.nclighthousekeeper.blogspot.com

<><
Beth

Sandy said...

Hey cool, I'm heading to check you out. I like doing it and of course Jenny is my "techie". What would I do without her??