Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Getting organized in '09



Well evidently my wonderful thoughtful daughter thinks I need to get organized. I'm not sure she realizes I've been trying to "get" organized for the last 30 years. However, now that she is doing most of the research and leg work it's getting much easier for me. That's really nice. Recently she introduced me to the Household Notebook she read about on one of the sites she loves. She also created a document that looks like the checkbook register which will be helpful for me in a couple of areas. Maybe I can get her to find the error in my checkbook that I've just carried over for about 9 months. I know it's there somewhere??? :-) She sent me calendars for planning my meals for the month and other forms for tracking stuff. Anyway, it's always fun to learn new ways and with this household notebook it should eliminate quite a few files that I really don't need. Everything I need will be filed monthly and it's almost automatically done as I pay my bills. These young people can really be quite useful!!!! All kidding aside she's really a jewel and I am so grateful to be blessed with a daughter that's so helpful and she let's me know when I need to "update" and get with the program. Now if I could just find that notebook, I know it's around here somewhere. hehehe shhhh don't tell Jenny.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

That reminds me, I need to do a little organizing myself. I've slacked off on the household management folder recently. Hope it works for you!