Thursday, January 15, 2009

Eggs, Eggs, and more Eggs!!




So what do you do when you're getting a dozen eggs a day?? Well, you sell some, you give some away, and you learn new recipes using lots of eggs. The latest is sort of like a frittata. I fried up some thinly sliced potatoes and put them in a bowl. Then I fried some thinly sliced onion and added a little spinach (from the garden) and put that in the bowl with the potatoes. I beat 8 eggs and poured them into the bowl with the potatoes and onions added a little salt and pepper and put the whole mixture back in the frying pan and let it cook on medium for about 10 minutes till it looked like the eggs were set. Then I placed the frying pan under the broiler just for a couple of minutes to finish it from the top. Oh boy are those eggs good. I'm thinking the chickens are doing a good job especially since the winter is suppose to be when production falls off. What on earth will I do during the summer?? I guess Vince might have to build me a little roadside stand, hahaha!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

come to seeeeee me!!!!!!!!!!!