Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's our 29th Anniversary!!!


Well it's number 29 today!!! We were married January 20, 1980 on Superbowl Sunday. We celebrated our 1st anniversary in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba at our favorite place "the dump." Car parts were hard to get in Cuba and most cars were what they called GTMO specials having been passed down over the years. So we spent much time at the dump. On that particular anniversary Ronald Reagan was being sworn in and the hostages were being released. Another funny thing is on our way back to Cuba after being married, we were "snowed in" at Virginia. So today was kinda fun even though we really didn't do anything in particular. Vince spent the day doing paperwork, I spent the day cooking. I guess we should have attempted to go to the dump just for old times sake but eh the old bones don't deal with the cold like they use to. Although a few years back my considerate husband did buy me a really nice pair of insulated coveralls which I use daily and appreciate very much. Well it seems like yesterday and it seems like forever ago but I'm looking forward to the next 29.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Congrats on 29 years! How exciting!