Monday, January 12, 2009

The Secret Ingredient in Pizza Sauce??


Okay so what ever made me think you were suppose to "buy" pizza sauce??? Actually I never really gave it any thought at all. I would just plop it on the grocery list and pick up a jar. Well since I've been reading labels and watching prices things are changing. Oh sure you can get a cheapie and it's full of sugar and salt but to get a good fresh tasting one you pay!! So I thought why don't you just make it. Oh my it's sooo simple. I just sauteed a little garlic, poured in a large can of crushed tomatoes, added a little basil and oregano then let it simmer till it was nice and thick and it was the perfect sauce for my homemade whole wheat crust. I can't believe I'm this old and I am only now realizing you don't have to "buy" something so easy to make. I guess it's never too late to learn.

No comments: