Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Brrr, I don't like it!!!!



Ha, I figured chickies needed to stretch their legs and wings a little so I bundled up in my warm coveralls and mud boots and set out to spend a little time with the girls. There were a few spots where the snow had melted up toward the top of the yard so I thought they would all just follow up there. It was hilarious, the first few out of the pen started flying the minute their feet touched the white powder. A couple few over to the fence and wouldn't move from there. Three of them did follow me up to the top but didn't really seem too excited. They all kept looking down at their feet as if saying, "what is this stuff, get it off." Then I started to worry about their feet being too cold so I went back to the run and most of them followed right in. I had to go pick up the two by the fence since they still weren't moving. The three up top came walking very slowly back so I picked them up too. They seemed very happy just to stay in their run today and I can't say I was too disappointed myself. Now back to the nice warm house.

No comments: