Tuesday, November 11, 2008

SPA Day!!!

I'm not really sure Rory fully appreciates her spa treatment. After battling her allergies on and off for two years, we took her to the vet. Before we could say a word he had a steriod shot in her and said come back in 6 weeks for another. Well I do not like steriods and I definitely can't afford them every 6 weeks. So into the bath with tea tree shampoo, finely ground oatmeal and all natural peppermint shampoo for a little tingle and good smell. We washed and massaged and even had a little blow dry.

We will try some topical ointments and attempt to keep these allergy issues under control without "steriods." I'm thinking it's an environmental allergy, with my luck I probably have a dog that's allergic to grass. So for now Rory will be getting a spa treatment about every 6 months and in between wet wipe downs. Poor Rory monster.

No comments: