Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Baking Bread Yum Yum!!!


Oh my, the smell, the feel, the taste, baking bread is amazing. I started with whole wheat grain from Wheat, Montana, the best place for growing wheat, and finished up with 12 loaves of the best whole wheat bread ever!!!! I made it by hand 2 loaves at a time for a long time then Vince got an amazing deal on a Bosch mixer and now I can do 6 loaves at one time. That turns out to be a good thing since we can go through at least one loaf a day!! It's a very simple process yet so many people are intimidated by it. It's another one of those "nurturing" things. The right temperature, the right timing, the right "feel" you get use to it and the best thing is even if something goes wrong (which it will) and a loaf doesn't rise or collapses it still tastes good. Even the loaf I forgot to put the salt in was good, especially with peanut butter on it. Now I'm just going to sit and read and enjoy knowing there's good healthy bread in my freezer.

No comments: