Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Garlic is in!!!


The garlic is in!!! After reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver, I am very excited about planting different varieties of vegetables. I just thought garlic was garlic but there are so many different flavors. I chose the Organic Polish Softneck in honor of my hubby's Polish heritage. It boasts to be for lovers of hot garlic (that would be Vince) and I am not sure I have ever had "hot" garlic. We planted 64 of the little buggers. That should be enough to hold us for a little while. We took a little of the wonderful compost that cooked over the summer, mixed it in the boxes and just poked them in. I ordered a milder one too, but it was already discontinued. We got it in the ground just in the nick of time. Next year we will plant it a few weeks earlier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love those boots...

Sandra said...

I have that book on my Christmas list! 64 bulbs of hot garlic- you should be able to heat your house with that much!

Sandy said...

Yea, I'm sure there will be a haze around the house. I have to be careful when I plant the tomatoes too!! You'll like the book, it's very inspiring.