Monday, November 3, 2008

Chickens!!!!



Chickens are funny!!! They are so curious but scared of everything!!!! Vince has built them a chicken "condo". These chickens will have the best life ever. I am feeding them chick feed with no "animal" protein, although I'm sure they will find plenty of bugs and worms on their own. It just didn't seem right to feed them animal protein when we are vegetarian (and so are the dogs). There are about 4 of them that like to be rubbed and held so when I go out to give them treats they stay right by my feet pecking me until I pet them. I'm still scared when I let them out in the grass. I don't think I could handle seeing a hawk fly off with one. I usually sit out there with them or on the deck with my air gun. I'm still looking for a place in the area that sells organic feeds. Some mills will mix for you. So far I get their grain treats from Yoder's Country Market in Yanceyville. They are just a little spoiled on millet, oat groats, brown rice and rolled flakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's miss henny!