Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cooking again!!


Oh my yum, yum. It's been forever since I cooked a regular meal. What with driving an hour each way to the hospital every day for the past two months, now going out to the barn constantly to check on everybody I haven't had time to even think about cooking or going to the grocery. Cooking is one of my most favorite things to do. I ordered a new cookbook, Vegan Fire and Spice by Robin Robertson. It's a collection of recipes from around the world with lots of pizazz, just my type of food. Today I had time to do a thorough grocery shopping and then try out a new recipe. It is an odd combination, at least to me. From the African section a wonderfully spicy Peanut Tomato Salad. Seeded diced tomatoes with hot pepper, onion and a dressing of peanut butter, olive oil, and lime juice, topped with crushed peanuts. MMMMMmmm!!!! I think this one will be a summer favorite once those fresh tomatoes start rolling in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks delish! Although I have to admit, the peanuts would throw me off. I would still try it though!! lol

Sandy said...

Yea I thought that was odd too but "oddly" enough :-) it's very good.

Amelia said...

My husband spent 2 years in The Gambia, Africa and his favorite dish from that time in a peanut sauce. Serve it over rice.