Sunday, August 23, 2009

From duck "trap" to duck house





Since we decided to keep some of the ducks I was concerned that they didn't have any place to get in out of the weather. They use to stay in the barn but we came in and took that over so.... My sweet man "provider" that he is provided the duckies with a nice new house. There is even a divided nesting area in the back. You see ducks do not like to nest near each other. I think this one will be sufficient for awhile, not sure what will happen when mama hatches out the ones she's laying on. We set up coolers with feed and scratch in them for feeding. It only took one time and they are hanging out morning and evening by the coolers. I got up early this morning and looked over and said ha! I got out before the ducks then I saw streams of water in the pond they were headed over to the coolers. I'd say they are pretty happy campers. So am I. Now we can have our bug and mosquito eaters and all live happily together. And hey if they lay eggs in those nests I'm sure Vince will be happy to eat them.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Looks like a nice little house for them!