Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Honey, we got us a tractor!!!!

It's here. Last week we went to visit an old friend that had a tractor for sale. We bought it and on the way home we tried to figure out how to get it home (it was about and hour drive.) Well we called another friend that has a roll back wrecker and he gladly went to pick it up. They just arrived and here's the pics of our new David Brown Case 1212 Selectematic. Quite the tractor. I believe my grandpa had one just like it or at least very similar. Now I just have to get Vince to understand "safety" when using a tractor, something none of my uncles or cousins ever practiced on the farm.

As for the goats, today we gave Zelda and Basil their antibiotic shots. Oh if only they knew how hard that was on "us." I managed to provide a pretty good distraction though. I mixed up milk replacer and put it in a baby bottle, dipped the nipple in a molasses vitamin mix and ta da they both latched on and barely flinched. Then I let them sip some "goat Gatorade" to make sure they stay well hydrated.
Zelda ca
n suck that stuff up very quickly. Here's Basil saying "you're going to stick me with whaaaaaat."

3 comments:

Sandra said...

That tractor is huge! How fun!

Sandy said...

Yea, I think it will handle the job. It's definitely a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

That is some tractor! :)