Saturday, January 12, 2013

Days Gone Too Fast


When I logged on the picture of Broch and Annie tore my heart.  It was January of last year we lost Broch.  It was a quick passing but many would comment "at least it was peaceful."  Not true.  I watched and held him as he took his last breath.  I told him he was a good boy.  It only lasted about 20 minutes the last 5 of which were the worst.  He had shown only the normal decline of an old dog, arthritis, slowing down etc.  I suspect he had heart disease.  He would tire very quickly and not recover very fast.  The last few months I noticed he had taken to laying in the front room alone (but always keeping his eyes on where I might be).  The other two lay in the back room what we call out "Florida room."  He was loving, gentle and above all else spoiled as are all of our pets.  

I have lost dogs in the past and it was always difficult but Broch has been the hardest.  Ha, and he wasn't even "ours" until the last year.  I keep saying no more but I know that's not true.  My home is never the same without fur on floors and furniture and that warm body laying on your feet. The eyes that watch you expectantly from first thing in the morning till night fall.   The squeals (Annie squeals like a pig) when you come home.  So there will be another just not sure if it will be fostering or adopting.  I do know it will come from a rescue shelter somewhere there are so many now that need good homes.

We will be moving from this house soon.  Our little yellow house that I have come to love.  The gardens that have given us so much.  The bluebirds by the dozens.  The two hawks perhaps Mr. and Mrs.  Not sure if they are Cooper's or Sharp-shinned but they are beautiful.  The move will be closer to town to help and be nearer family.  I love that part of it but a town dweller I am not.  For me it's like losing part of my soul.  I will be missing a breath not to mention breathing in more carbon.  I love living out here and love the large walking space and just looking out the back and seeing nothing but trees and nature.  Oh well as we all know everything here is temporary and passing so we must learn to adapt and move along as life requires.

The greatest joy in passing days is watching the growth of my grandson.  He is learning and growing so fast.  There seems to be a spirit about him that is drawing.   He watches everything so carefully and really seems to be thinking intently on everything.  He talks ALL DAY LONG.  Which I know is a good thing and it's funny because his mom was the same way as a small child.  In fact, once we were shopping and the chatter was non stop a stranger commented "you sure couldn't lose her could you."  Hahaha, no way!!!!

Well more to come.  Gonna go pick some wonderful collards, radishes and onions and made a nice winter meal.  

Still plan to have some sort of garden in the city.  I'm sure I will increase my house plants also just to help keep the air clean.  



 

No comments: